Jun 8, 2023
It might make you a bit squeamish or you may want to avoid the topic, but colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in the U.S., according to the American Cancer Society. Colon and rectal surgeon at Our Lady of Lourdes Health knows most people would rather talk about something other than colorectal issues, but that’s exactly why he’s joining us on The Doctor Will Hear You Now to discuss prevention, treatment options, the importance of screening, and the future of colorectal health. Dr. Boudreaux shares his love of our region and an understanding of its people and lifestyle— and what factors may contribute to high levels of colorectal cancer in our area.
- What are some colorectal cancer risk factors?
- Does colorectal cancer have symptoms?
- How important is colorectal screening?
- Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
- At what age should I consider getting a colonoscopy?
- What are some small changes that I can make to reduce risk of colorectal cancer?
- Read more about Dr. Boudreaux and learn what to expect at a colonoscopy on our blog
- Why is the suggested age for colonoscopies changing? Read our article here
The Doctor Will Hear You Now is a podcast of Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System. Make an appointment with one of our physicians here. Find an FMOLHS doctor here. Login to MyChart here. Do you have an idea for an episode of The Doctor Will Hear You Now? Email us: email@example.com.