Apr 27, 2023
Listening is a cornerstone of building trust in any relationship, and it’s no different when visiting your doctor’s office. How can you know that your primary care provider is listening and hearing you during your visits? Mary Kathryn Edwards, NP joins hosts Ben and Lexi on The Doctor Will Hear You Now to talk about listening and communication overall in the setting of a medical visit. Our health system is committed to hearing patients: what does that look like in your appointment? Mary Kathryn explains her role in patient care; how listening impacts her work; and how you can get the most out of your appointment.
- What is a nurse practitioner (NP) and what do they do?
- What is a primary care provider (PCP)?
- What should I do if I don’t feel heard at my doctor’s visit?
- Should I bring a support person to my doctor’s appointments?
- Why is an ongoing relationship so important with your primary care provider?
- Learn more about how we prioritize listening as a health system.
- Read more about Mary Kathryn’s approach and how the art of listening leads to personalized primary care on our blog.
The Doctor Will Hear You Now is a podcast from Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System known across Louisiana and Mississippi with services provided through Our Lady of the Angels Health, Our Lady of the Lake Health, Our Lady of Lourdes Health, St. Francis Health and St. Dominic’s. Find more resources about primary care on our blog. Do you have an idea for an episode of The Doctor Will Hear You Now? Email us: email@example.com.