May 11, 2023
Social media is rife with claims, clips and memes about women’s health and how to “balance” hormones among other pertinent issues. How can women listen to their bodies, get the best care they can and build a relationship with a physician who will really listen? Karroll Payne, MD, is an OBGYN at Our Lady of the Angels Hospital in Bogalusa, Louisiana. She joins hosts Ben and Lexi on The Doctor Will Hear You Now podcast to get to the bottom of some of these viral videos that say all kinds of things about women’s hormones and women’s health.
Dr. Payne shares some practical tips for making sure women get the most of their visits to the doctor and explains how she communicates with her patients.
- How can I make sure my doctor is hearing me at my appointment?
- What does it mean to balance hormones for women?
- How do women’s hormones change over a lifetime?
- Do diet and exercise help hormone health in women?
- What should I do if I don’t think my doctor is listening to me?
- What does listening have to do with health and wellness?
- What are screenings for women’s health, and why should I get screened?
The Doctor Will Hear You Now is a podcast from Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System known across Louisiana and Mississippi with services provided through Our Lady of the Angels Health, Our Lady of the Lake Health, Our Lady of Lourdes Health, St. Francis Health and St. Dominic’s. Do you have an idea for an episode of The Doctor Will Hear You Now? Email us: email@example.com.